DKK Accounting, Inc is a fast-growing, paperless accounting firm in Duluth, MN that serves businesses and individuals. We assist business owners with monthly bookkeeping, payroll, and sales tax reporting. We also train clients on how to use QuickBooks - did we mention we LOVE QBO?? Our busy tax department processes returns for individuals, corporations, S-corps, and partnerships.
PLEASE READ ENTIRE JOB POSTING AND ALL DETAILS. If you do not follow instructions completely, you will not be contacted for an interview!
Check us out on:
Our website at: www.dkkaccounting.com
Our Facebook Business Page: www.facebook.com/dkkaccounting.com
Our Career Page: www.dkkaccounting.com/careers
(Highly recommend that you stalk us to make sure you want to hang out with us!)
Are you looking to ignite your passion to help people? Do you love to take chaos and create order? Does it bug you when something is misspelled or the spacing is off? Do you love to put the pieces of the puzzle together? Does learning new things and growing with a company excite you? Do you long to work hard, have a great attitude while having FUN? (No, these are not oxymorons when describing an accounting office!) In so many ways, this is like no place you have ever worked!
Knowledge of Word, Excel, communicates well verbally and written format, is process oriented, takes initiative and offers solutions, replies to clients in 24 hours or less, humble, hungry, can easily pick up on social cues from others, focused on caring for people, must be super comfortable on the computer typing a minimum of 65 wpm, able to move quickly between programs and quickly learn new technologies, able to recognize priorities and meet deadlines, capable of multi-tasking many small tasks, good with people, vigilant about the details, and desires to be a part of something larger than themselves.
Because of the technology we use, this position can be done from any location in the U.S.
The right person will:
- Knows and efficiently completes basic bookkeeping: setting up QBO, accepting transactions, reconciling, maintaining clean chart of accounts.
- Can enter bills, pay bills, create invoices, receive payments and sales receipts
- Understands credit and debits
- Knows the difference between P & L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Able to post JEs for interest and depreciation
- Has general knowledge of how some categories/expenses are taxed differently
- Has a strong knowledge of sales tax transactions, paying sales tax online and recording in QBO
- Feels comfortable using Zoom screen sharing technology
- Can review financial statements explaining what they mean (in English), giving insights to trends
- Proactive to collect, set up and track 1099 vendors in QBO
- Has a basic knowledge of business entities and posts transactions appropriately
- Can post transactions to gross wages, payroll taxes and payroll expenses
- Knows not to delete or void transactions in a closed tax period
- Can set up new payroll clients in Intuit Online Payroll for Accountants (IOPA)
- Process payroll timely, being proactive with filing deadlines
- Schedule payroll taxes to be paid, alerting client of amounts
- Approve quarterly payroll reports timely
Knowledge of QuickBooks online software is a plus!
We take our time in the interview process to not only make sure we
communicate the job expectations but also to make sure the candidate is a right fit for our office culture.
Applying for the job
Don't apply for the job if you are full of drama, can’t show up on time or wake up in the morning like Eeyore. If you are a perfectionist at heart and find fulfillment to reassure people that might have fear, anxiety or frustration around money/taxes, then you might want to apply for the opportunity to join our team! This job is perfect for the candidate that seeks growth, opportunities and wants a career in the accounting field.
Don't email your resume without answering the questions below in a cover letter - you will not be called for an interview...it's a test to see if you can follow directions!
ONLY if you meet the above requires, please apply
- Email your resume to [email protected]
- Email a cover letter that will include:
- Desired compensation
- Available start date
- Why the job is particularly of interest to you
- Why you would be the best candidate for the job
- Let us know if you caught any typos or grammar errors in this ad
NOTE: We will only schedule interviews with those candidates who answer ALL of the above questions on their cover letter. If you put, "I AM A ROCKSTAR" in the subject line of your email, you will get bonus points for following directions!
No phone calls please; in fact, if you call, you will disqualify yourself from an interview.
Hourly compensation based upon proficiency skills.
All final candidates will require a typing test, personality test, demonstrate tax knowledge and a background check before employment.