Experienced Tax Preparer
Experienced Tax Preparer
Are you looking to ignite your passion to help people? Do you love to take chaos and create order? Does it bug you when something is misspelled or the spacing is off? Do you love to put the pieces of the puzzle together? Does learning new things and growing with a company excite you? Do you long to work hard, have a great attitude while having FUN? (No, these are not oxymoron's when describing an accounting office!) In so many ways, this is like no place you have ever worked!
MUST have 2 - 5 years of tax preparation experience. You will need to demonstrate a strong knowledge of balance sheet reconciliation, stock options, rentals and small business acumen.
Preferred credentials would be CTEC, CPA or EA.
Knowledge of Word, Excel & Outlook = is process oriented = take initiative and offers solutions = replies to clients in 24 hours or less = humble & hungry = can easily pick up on social cues from others = must be super comfortable on the computer typing a minimum of 65 wpm = able to move quickly between programs and quickly learn new technologies = able to recognize priorities and meet deadlines = capable of multi-tasking many small tasks = vigilant about the details = analytical thinker = provides excellent customer service skills = not afraid to be on camera in Zoom calls or pick up the phone = able to use a 10 key and desires to be a part of something larger than themselves.
Because of the technology we use, this position can be done from any location in the U.S.
The right person will
- Enter data for business tax returns (S-corps, partnerships, C-corps)
- Enter data for individual returns which includes Schedule A, B, C, D and E
- Comfortable in meeting with clients to explain a completed tax return using screen sharing
software with webcam
- Meet with clients to project tax liability and create scenarios to improve their situation
- Experience balancing corporate tax return balance sheet
- Review tax returns prepared by other team members
- Demonstrate knowledge of tax laws
- Know where to research to find answers
- Strong communication skills on the phone, in an email and during web meetings with clients
- Knowledge of Drake tax software is a plus!
We take our time in the interview process to not only make sure we communicate the job expectations but also to make sure the candidate is a right fit for our office culture.
Applying for the job
Don't apply for the job if you are full of drama, can’t show up on time or wake up in the morning like Eeyore. If you are a perfectionist at heart and find fulfillment to reassure people that might have fear, anxiety or frustration around money/taxes, then you might want to apply for the opportunity to join our team! This job is perfect for the candidate that seeks growth, opportunities and wants a career in the accounting field.
Don't email your resume without answering the questions below in a cover letter - you will not be called for an interview...it's a test to see if you can follow directions!
ONLY if you meet the above requires, please apply
- Email a cover letter that will include:
- Desired compensation
- Available start date
Why the job is particularly of interest to you
- Why you would be the best candidate for the job
- Let us know if you caught any typos or grammar errors in this ad
NOTE: We will only schedule interviews with those candidates who answer ALL of the above questions on their cover letter. If you put, "I AM A ROCKSTAR" in the subject line of your email, you will get bonus points for following directions!