Zoom GuideDec 06, 2023
When scheduling you for a session, we use Zoom to conduct our virtual sessions. It allows us to have a face-to-face experience and screen sharing which creates a better experience for both parties.
Zoom works best on a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam. Before proceeding, here are some important things to check for:
- Reliable internet connection
- Chrome web browser Download Here
- A desktop or laptop with a webcam if you do not have a webcam, you may need to join the session from a smart phone. You can download the free Zoom app from your smartphone’s app store.
- A microphone in your laptop or desktop if you do not have a microphone, you will need to do the audio portion via the phone. Click here to see more information.
Once you have verified the above items, follow these instructions on how to quickly and easily join your Zoom session. For your convenience this guide has 4 sections:
- Joining the Meeting
- Controls and navigation
To begin installation, follow the step-by-step instructions in this document. PC and Mac setups are similar but may differ in appearance, screenshots for both are attached. Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer, you can download the Zoom app from the Download Center. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link. You can also join a test meeting to familiarize yourself with Zoom.
If you have previously installed Zoom click here to skip to step 3.
Click the join link, Chrome will open and begin to download the Zoom file.
Click the file to launch the installer after the download has completed.
Then following the installation instructions
JOINING THE MEETING
If Zoom does not automatically join the session, or you have had Zoom installed previously go back into your email and click the Zoom meeting link again to join the meeting. When prompted select “Allow” as shown below.
If prompted enter your name
Select Join with Video
Choose to join with computer audio, if you do not have the previously recommended audio and need to join by phone select "Call Me"
You have now successfully joined the Zoom meeting.
CONTROLLING AND NAVIGATING ZOOM:
Here are some helpful tips to navigate around the screen.
- Click the microphone to mute audio. Click the ^ button to the right of the microphone icon to change other audio settings.
- Click the camera to stop sending video. Click the ^ button to the right of the “Stop Video” for other video settings.
- See the names of other people in your session. The active speaker’s microphone will be green.
- Share content. Select the entire desktop or a specific app and then click Share at the bottom right of that window to start sharing.
- In-meeting chat. Allows you to send messages to others on the call.
- Change your video layout with options such as gallery view which is recommended (as seen above).
- Go full screen. Exit full screen by clicking at the top right of the screen.
- Leave the meeting.
There are additional settings that you can change to fit your needs or preferences.
Click the ^ button to the right of the “Stop Video” or microphone icons to open the settings menu, you will have access to the following shown below.
Some of these settings which may be helpful include:
- Use dual monitors (found in general)
- Camera (allows you to change the default camera found in Video)
- Speaker (allows you to change the default speakers found in Audio)
- Microphone (allows you to change the default microphone found in Audio)
- Virtual Background click here for more
- Closed Caption (found in accessibility)
The virtual background feature allows you to display an image or video as your background during a Zoom Meeting.
TROUBLESHOOTING — COMMON SCENARIOS
My audio isn’t working – try using the following tips
- If you are on Mac OS 10.14 Mojave or earlier and can't access the microphone, check your operating system permissions to confirm that Zoom has access to the microphone. See Using the Zoom Client and Zoom Rooms with Mac OS 10.14 Mojave for more information.
- If you are on Windows 10 and can't access the microphone, use the Windows search box to navigate to Microphone privacy settings. Switch on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle and enable access for Zoom.
My video is not working- try using the following tips
Troubleshooting tips for macOS
- Make sure that all other programs that utilize the camera, such as Photo Booth and FaceTime, are closed.
- Restart your computer.
- If the camera still does not work in Zoom after restarting, check if the camera works in a Mac app, such as Photo Booth or FaceTime.
Note: If you are on Mac OS 10.14 Mojave and are still having difficulty accessing the camera, check your operating system permissions to confirm that Zoom has access to the camera. See Using the Zoom Client and Zoom Rooms with Mac OS 10.14 Mojave for more information.
Troubleshooting tips for Windows
- Make sure that all other programs that utilize the camera are not using the camera or are closed.
- Restart your computer.
- Uninstall the Zoom client and reinstall the latest version from our Download Center.
- Visit your device's support and downloads page to update the camera driver:
Windows 10 has a privacy feature that may block Zoom from using the camera. Learn more about this feature and how to allow Zoom access to your webcam.
For additional resources click here
We look forward to your participation, in case you need immediate assistance or have any additional questions please contact us at [email protected] or contact the individual directly.
If you want to improve your business situation, get assistance now. Schedule your free consultation today or give us a call at (218) 491-4002. We're here to help!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.